The Redux community LOVES music and around here, Record Store Day is an important holiday. What’s Record Store Day? Well, it’s celebration of music that began in 2007 after a group of independent record stores came together to celebrate the art of music and share their unique culture with the world. There are three stores in Charleston participating in this special event: Loco Record Shop, Monster Music, and Earshot. They’ll be hosting special in-store live performances and other promotions. Call or check each store’s sites for more information.
To share in the festivities, we thought we’d share what we’re listening to….
- Alizey Khan – Oblivion and Be a Body by the Grimes
- Lillian Trettin – Richard Thompson, The Harrows
- Kate Long Stevenson – Philip Glass, and the song Forgot About Dre by Dr. Dre + Eminem
- Kate Mullin – Lana Del Ray, Amy Winehouse, Jack Johnson
- Charles Williams – Good Kid, Mad City by Kendrick Lamar
- Karen Ann Myers – You Know What I Mean by The Cults, Grisgris by The Grimes, Manifest! by Friends, White Elephant by LadyTron
- Greg Hart – In California by Neko Case, Reckoner by Radiohead, Lost Cause by Beck, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down by The Band, Acid Tongue by Jenny Lewis, If You Could Read My Mind by Johnny Cash
- Jen Ervin – The Dove & the Wolf, Vetiver, Neal Casal, CRB, Sera Cahoone, Patti Smith, Black Crowes, and the Rolling Stones.
- Kate MacNeil – The Lumineers, self-titled album
- Lindsay Windham – Fade by Yo La Tengo, Undersea by The Antlers, Sam Cooke: Box Set
- Francis Ervin, Board President – Son Volt, Levon Helm, Waylon Jennings, Ryan Adams, Gram Parsons, Flying Burrito Brothers, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Grateful Dead, J.J. Cale, Shovels & Rope
- Ann Trabue Nelson, Board Vice-President – Joanna Newsome’s Milk-Eyed Mender, Patsy Cline, Cole Porter and Neko Case’s Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
- Stacy Huggins, Exeutive Director – Avett Brothers, Shovels & Rope
- Beckie Biorn Dobbs, Business Manager – Barefoot Movement